Nothing beats An Agile Team, except a highly trained one.
SAFe® Lean Portfolio Management
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
However, the following recommendations will make the training more productive.
• Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
• Attended a Leading SAFe or SAFe PO/PM course
• Experience working in a SAFe environment
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Course certificate of completion
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® LPM certification exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- One certification exam attempt
- One Certification exam attempt (re-takes at an additional fee)
- Limited complimentary Agile toolkit book ---- <<Sun Tzu The Art of Agile Software Delivery>>
(Collect this book on attendance)
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
- Describe Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Connect the portfolio to enterprise strategy
- Establish the Portfolio Vision
- Implement Lean Budgeting and Guardrails
- Establish flow with the Portfolio Kanban
- Support operational excellence with Agile PMO and CoPs
- Coordinate Value Streams
- Measure the LPM performance
- Build a plan for LPM implementation
Learning Goals Topics Covered What Attendees Get
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
SAFe Lean Portfolio Manager certificate
SAFe 4 Lean Portfolio Manager digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
A one-year certified membership as a SAFe 4 Lean Portfolio Manager, which includes access to the LPM Community of Practice
A SAFe 4 Lean Portfolio Manager certification usage guide with LPM certification marks
Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
In this course, attendees will gain the practical tools and techniques necessary to implement the Lean Portfolio Management functions of Strategy and Investment Funding, Agile Portfolio Operations and Lean Governance.
Participants in the course will have the opportunity to capture the current and the future state of their portfolio with the Portfolio Canvas tool and identify important business initiatives for achieving the future state. Participants will be able to establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban and prioritize initiatives for maximum economic benefit. The course also provides insights on how to establish Value Stream Budgets and Lean Budget Guardrails and measure the Lean portfolio performance.
- Executives and Leaders (CIOs, CEOs, CFOs, CTOs and VPs)
- Enterprise Architects
- Product Managers and Solution Managers
- Business Unit Managers
- Program Office Personnel
- SPCs and Enterprise Agile Coaches
- Human Resources
- Epic Owners
- On-site Training: Get our trainers to come to you for training exclusive to your organisation.
- Scheduled Classes: United Kingdom (London, Birmingham, Manchester); Germany (Berlin), France (Paris); China (Hong Kong, Beijing, Guangzhou) .
- Course Language: English, Mandarin, Cantonese.
- Exam Language: English.
- Membership renewals are one year from the date certification is earned
- Renewal Fee: $295
- Preferential Hotel Rates: Available on request.
- Global SAFe Certified professional provider: We provide SAFe certified professionals from our exclusive scaled agile network for large international enterprises looking to do a Scaled Agile transformation programme.
- Free Entry into ALLYSKY scaled agile network: Complimentary associate membership to ALLYSKY scaled agile network providing you with exclusive opportunites in the agile market place.
- Exam name: SAFe Lean Portfolio Manager Exam
Exam format: Multiple choice; Multiple select
Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Lean Portfolio Management course
Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- More Exam Details
How to submit your PDUs? Please click the link below:
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 60
- Passing Score: 42 out of 60 (70%)
- Language: English
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact email@example.com for any retake questions.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for up to 24 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
- Introducing Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Establishing Strategy and Investment Funding
- Applying Agile Portfolio Operations
- Applying Lean Governance
- Implementing the LPM function