SAFe® Release Train Engineer (V5.0)
The following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) certification exam:
- Hold at least one current SAFe certification
- Have launched or participated in at least one ART and one PI
The class registration includes:
(Collect this book on attendance)
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
To perform the role of a SAFe Release Train Engineer, attendees should be able to:
- Apply Lean-Agile knowledge and tools to execute and release value
- Assist with program and large solution execution
- Foster relentless improvement
- Build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach
- Develop an action plan to continue the learning journey
Learning Goals Topics Covered What Attendees Get
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
SAFe Release Train Engineer certificate
A SAFe 5 Release Train Engineer digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Release Train Engineer, which includes access to the RTE Community of Practice
A SAFe Release Train Engineer certification usage guide with RTE certification marks
Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Attendees explore the skills needed to facilitate and enable end-to-end value delivery through Agile Release Trains (ARTs)—and learn how to build a high-performing ART through servant leadership and coaching—by becoming a SAFe® 5 Release Train Engineer (RTE). During this three-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of an RTE in the SAFe enterprise.
Through experiential learning, attendees will examine the RTE role in a Lean-Agile transformation. They will learn how to facilitate ART processes and execution, coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets. They will also learn how to prepare, plan and execute a Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primarily enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- RTEs and Solution Train Engineers (STEs)
- Program and project managers
- Scrum Masters
- Leaders and managers
- Agile coaches
- SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs)
Certificates expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee is $295
- Renewal fee for the RTE certification is included in SPC renewal (if your SPC certification is up-to-date)
- Exam name: SAFe Release Train Engineer Exam
- Exam format: Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the course
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
Sample Test Questions available
More Exam Details
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 20 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Professional Development Units (PDUs)
and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
How to submit your PDUs? Please click the link below:
For SAFe Release Train Engineers (RTEs) to enhance their knowledge and skills as a servant leader and coach, effectively plan and execute a PI Planning event, foster relentless improvement in their enterprise, and continue their learning journey.
SAFe RTEs can facilitate and enable end-to-end value delivery through ARTs and large solutions in an enterprise SAFe environment.
Nothing beats An Agile Team,
except a highly trained one.