SAFe® Scrum Master (V5.0.1)
Introducing Scrum in SAFe
Characterizing the role of the Scrum Master
Experiencing Program Increment planning
Facilitating Iteration execution
Finishing the Program Increment
Coaching the Agile team
Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and eXtreme Programming (XP)
Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
The class registration includes:
- Printed workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Scrum Master (SSM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
Course certificate of completion
- Limited complimentary Agile toolkit book ---- <<Sun Tzu The Art of Agile Software Delivery>>
(Collect this book on attendance)
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
To perform the role of a SAFe® Scrum Master, attendees should be able to:
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise
- Facilitate Scrum events
- Facilitate effective Iteration execution
- Support effective Program Increment execution
- Support relentless improvement
- Coach Agile teams for maximum business results
- Support DevOps implementation
Learning Goals Topics Covered What Attendees Get
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Scrum Master certificate
- A SAFe 5 Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Scrum Master, which includes access to the SSM Community of Practice
- A SAFe Scrum Master certification usage guide with SSM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Attendees will also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value at scale. SAFe 5 Scrum Master (SSM) certification signifies that people are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- New Scrum Masters who need to perform the role
- Existing Scrum Masters who would like to understand their role in the context of a SAFe enterprise
- Team Leads who want to understand the Scrum Master role
- SAFe Release Train Engineers who want to coach Scrum Masters on their role
- Exam Name: SAFe® 5 Scrum Master Exam
- Exam Format: Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 5 Scrum Master course
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
Sample Test Questions available
More Exam Details
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
How to submit your PDUs? Please click the link below:
Nothing beats An Agile Team,
except a highly trained one.
- Preferential Hotel Rates: Available on request.
- Global SAFe Certified professional provider: We provide SAFe certified professionals from our exclusive scaled agile network for large international enterprises looking to do a Scaled Agile transformation programme.
- Free Entry into ALLYSKY scaled agile network: Complimentary associate membership to ALLYSKY scaled agile network providing you with exclusive opportunites in the agile market place.
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 45
- Passing Score: 33 out of 45 (73%)
- Language: English
- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any retake questions.
- Renewal fee is $100 (Until 31st December 2020).
- From January 2021 onward, Scaled Agile will offer three tiers of membership to the SAFe Community Platform:
- $895/year: For professionals who wish to renew their SPC or SPCT certifications; includes bundled pricing for renewal of all certifications.
- $295/year: For members who wish to renew one or more SAFe certifications; includes bundled pricing for renewal of all certifications.
$195/year: For those who don't seek certification but still benefit from the valuable content at the SAFe Community Platform.
On-site Training: Get our trainers to come to you for training exclusive to your organisation.
Remote Scheduled Classes: United States (New York City, NY, Los Angeles, CA, Chicago, IL, Houston, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Phoenix, AZ, San Antonio, TX, San Diego, CA, Dallas, TX, San Jose, CA, Austin TX, Jacksonville FL, Fort Worth TX, San Francisco CA, Columbus OH, Charlotte NC, Indianapolis IN, Seattle WA, Denver CO, Washington DC, El Paso, TX, Boston MA, Nashville, TN Portland OR, Las Vegas NV, Detroit MI, Oklahoma City OK, Memphis TN, Louisville KY, Baltimore MD, Milwaukee WI, Albuquerque NM, Tucson AZ, Fresno, CA, Sacramento CA, Mesa AZ, Atlanta GA, Kansas City MO, Colorado Springs CO, Miami FL, Raleigh NC, Long Beach CA, Virginia Beach VA, Omaha NE, Oakland CA, Minneapolis MN, Arlington TX, Tampa FL, Tulsa OK, New Orleans LA); United Kingdom (London, Birmingham, Manchester); Germany (Berlin), France (Paris); China (Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Hong Kong ).
- Course Language: English, Mandarin, Cantonese.
- Exam Language: English.